A Roiling Original
|A Roiling Original|
|Authoring system||Inform 7|
|Cruelty scale||Cruelty to be determined|
How It Begins
You have saved Yorpwald once, but the mysterious and persuasive Elvira has left your name in the mud. Your old tricks are played out. Can you outmaneuver her and save Yorpwald again?
- A Roiling Original (Andrew Schultz; 02-Apr-2013; Glulx).
- Release 1 / Serial number 130402 / Inform 7 build 6G60 (I6/v6.32 lib 6/12N)
- IFID: D7B5F1AA-BFD2-4F74-B9D6-51B667D5CC18
IFID links: IFDB, IFDB cover,
Babel metadata, Babel download, Babel cover.(Note: Babel services at IF Archive are not yet available.)
- Spring Thing 2013: 2nd place of 3 entries.
- Download roil.zip from the IF Archive.
- Released January 5, 2014
- Many fixes to bugs found by David Welbourn in his walkthrough, as well as Toby Ott and David Streever. Elizabeth McDonald, Joel Webster and Steven Watson also helped find bugs to be fixed in the next release.
- Many puzzles and areas now make more sense and have a more coherent story. Antagonist has a name.
- New "H" area included.
- Many known bugs were shipped with this release. However, the author deemed them to be smaller in scope than in Release 1.
- Many Last Lousy Points added.
- Release 2 Notes
- Release 2 for historical purposes but not recommended by the author--release 3, even in Beta, has fixed enough.
- Due March 2015
- New area independent of stores, strictly informational
- Several even more Last Lousy Points added. 950+ nudges are now checked for good tries. Notepad keeps track of what will work later.
- Current list of significant changes is here.
- Lydia Dames and Sean Shore both provided several testing transcripts
- Trizbort map was created and upgraded to color thanks to Jason Lautzenheiser's upgrades to Trizbort
- 2 million bytes of source code
Author's Local Copy and plans
- Because of the game's size and mechanics, there are always tweaks possible. The author will hope to release patches once a year.
- Not guaranteed to be stable
- PDF map, should be stable
|Stale Tales Slate by Andrew Schultz|
|A Roiling Original|