You are Ektor Mastiff, a scientist carrying the most important news in the world! Bring it to the Scientific Committee before it's too late!
|Authoring system||Inform 7|
|Cruelty scale||Cruelty to be determined|
How It Begins
The PC is Ektor Mastiff ("Getting fat, getting old, getting bald!"). He begins the game at the entrance to a train station. Ektor is carrying some very important reports he needs to take to the Scientific Committee. He also has his EPad. A Ticket Obliterator stands between Ektor and the train he needs to catch. The only other person around is a Foreigner.
Trivia and Comments
Andromeda 1983 is an 8-bit remake (of sorts) of Andromeda Awakening, as if that game had been released in 1983 for the Commodore 64, Apple II and ZX Spectrum. 1983 uses 8-bit graphics, a SID chip-styled soundtrack and a Scott Adams-styled parser. It also comes with a Commodore 64 TrueType font.
"DISCLAIMER: this is not REALLY intended as a REAL GAME. It's 50% a joke and 50% nostalgia. You, Constant Readers, will tell me where do you fall. It's pretty short, it won't kill your time too much.
Thanks to my testers (Wade, Andrew, Francesco and Marco) for the great work; thanks to Wade for the INCREDIBLE music; thanks to Marco and Francesco for feeding my ego). Thanks to me for the graphics. I think i nailed it.
PS: Don't expect anything easy or polite to the player. What's actually there, trying and helping the player, was made by the Inform people and it's still there because it was too much struggle to remove. Honestly, it is a feeling I wanted to replicate, and that feeling had no synonyms, most of the time" - Marco Innocenti posting on intfiction.org, December 8, 2015
- Andromeda 1983 (Marco Innocenti; 08-Dec-2015; Glulx).
- Music by Wade Clarke
- Proofread and tested by Wade Clarke, Francesco Cordella, Andrew Schultz and Marco Vallarino.
- Release 1 / Inform 7 build 6L38
- IFID: 7D5ACB3B-1F2C-4126-970A-DDA4A65B9FFB
IFID links: IFDB, IFDB cover,
Babel metadata, Babel download, Babel cover.(Note: Babel services at IF Archive are not yet available.)
- Download : Andromeda 1983 from www.andromedalegacy.com. The bundle contains the game file, an .ini file to format the game screen for the Gargoyle interpreter, large and small versions of the cover image and the TrueType font 'Commodore Pixelized v.1.2'.
|Andromeda series by Marco Innocenti et al.|
|Andromeda Legacy comp|