|Authoring system||Inform 7|
How It Begins
You might be anyone, carrying nothing, on Blossom Street in Korea. Cherry blossoms are everywhere, but you can also see grass, the yellow stripe on the road, and several other details of the scene. You could, if you wanted to, climb a tree, dance on that yellow stripe, or just lie in the street and let the blossoms cover you. What would you like to do?
- Puzzleless experimental work. There are no goals. Simply explore your current location however you like, then move on to the next location, until you reach the final location.
- Unusual geography. The game's locations are presented serially; that is, you'll always see the same locations in the same order regardless which direction you go. This also means there's no backtracking to previously seen locations.
- Graphics. Each location has a photographic image associated with it, displayed in the top half of the screen. (Unfortunately, there's also a lot of wasted black space on both sides of the photograph.) Although one can play the game without seeing the pictures, it is recommended that you play with them.
- The game makes several suggestions during the game on various actions that may be tried. And although the player character is presumably a normal human, one of the suggestions is to fly, which the PC can do whenever he or she likes.
- Posture (sitting, standing, lying down, etc.) is more important than usual for an IF game.
- Being There (Jordan Magnuson; 28-Jul-2010; Glulx).
- Being There homepage.
- Being There - at IFDB.
- Being There - at ifwizz interactive fiction (in German).
- Download being_there_005_source.zip - The source code.