|Authoring system||Alan 2|
|Cruelty scale||Cruelty to be determined|
How It Begins
You might be anyone. You have entered a tent which contains a large glass globe on a table. You sit down on the only chair. You wonder if you should wait for a gypsy fortune teller or just examine the globe.
- Minimal IF. Most standard commands are not implemented. Your verb list is apparently reduced to examine (x), push, wait, help, and quit. Likewise, there are few implemented objects; the globe, the button, and the Tarot cards are implemented, but the tent, table, and chair are not.
- Poetry. Each Tarot card is described with a sestina. You are told which six words are used to build each sestina.
- The maximum score of 22 is achieved by seeing all twenty-two sestinas.
- Crystal Ball (Marian Taylor as "Fatima"; 1999; Alan 2).
- An exhibit in Alan, by Fatima (1999), last compiled 07-04-99, Serial 990407, Release 1.0.
- IFID: ALAN-C2AAD91E79BF334C8A7FA29BA1A422B1
IFID links: IFDB,
Babel metadata, Babel download.(Note: Babel services at IF Archive are not yet available.)
- 1999 Spring IF Art Show: Entered in Still Life division. Winner of Best of Show.
- Download crystal.zip from the IF Archive.
- Contains crystal.acd and crystal.dat (the story files).