Prodigious game-player of IF, as well as occasional author. Helps maintain IFWiki and has composed maps and walkthroughs for many IF games over the past 25 years. David's nickname on ifMUD is DavidW. On IFWiki, he's Dswxyz.
- A speedIF O entry (2001; Z-code). Speed-IF O.
- Squeaky on the Moon (2001; Z-code). Speed-IF Pi-Theta-Aleph-Parallax.
- Fajfeta sur la Luno (Z-code). Esperanto translation.
- Cheeseshop (2002; ifMud, Z-code, TADS 3).
- Krakatoa Tuna Melt (2002; Z-code). Speed-IF 10−9.
- The Angel Curse (2003; Z-code). Speed-IF 19.
- Yay Games (2004; Z-code). Speed-IF Century.
- The Fox, The Dragon, and The Stale Loaf of Bread (24-Jul-2005; Z-code). IntroComp 2005: Second Runner-up.
- This is the game that I wrote (21-Jan-2006; Z-code). Speed-IF Gruff.
- Beanstalk the and Jack (04-Jun-2008; ADRIFT 4). The Comp With No Name 2008: winner.
- 69,105 Keys (02-Mar-2009; Z-code).
Review and Article Credits
- IF Comp reviews: 1999, 2002, 2004 and 2005.
- IFLibrary Comp reviews: 2002.
- Reviews of Ectocomp 2008.
- Reviews for SPAG.
- Reviewer for Baf's Guide.
- Review of Tinseltown Blues - at IF-Review.
- David's reviews - at IFDB.
- Co-admin of the Interactive Fiction fan page on Facebook.
- Occassional host for ClubFloyd when Jacqueline can't be there.
As a reference only:
- Nothing But Mazes (Greg Boettcher; 2006; TADS 3). David is mentioned in the response to the "plover" command.
- The Day I mauled ... (Taleslinger; 2008; Z-code). "Cheeseshop" by David Welbourn is one of the songs playing on the kitchen laptop.
- Wrote walkthroughs for many games.
- Converted DM4 from PDF to HTML, with assistance from David Cornelson.
- Contributed to AAS April Fool's prank.
- Assembled list of year's games for XYZZY Awards 2002–2011.
- An administrator and frequent contributor to IFWiki.
- David Welbourn's IF Index Page.
- David Welbourn - at Baf's Guide.
- David Welbourn - at IFDB.
- David Welbourn - at ifwizz interactive fiction (in German).