|Color effects||Spectrum standard|
|Cruelty scale||Cruelty to be determined|
How It Begins
A simple illustration of a garden is drawn on the screen.
You're in a garden behind a house. There are exits into the house and out through a gate; the rest of the garden is surrounded by a fence. You're carrying nothing. Nearby is a gnome, who's fishing in the garden pond.
You have no obvious goal within the game text. In the original game package, the documentation handled backstory and goal.
- Runs in a split screen. The top pane displays room descriptions, illustrations, and descriptions of actions and events. The lower pane displays player input and parser error messages.
- The parser was advanced for its time and platform, understanding prepositions, conjunctions and simple instructions to NPCs.
- NPCs act in real time, continuing to follow their scripts if the player doesn't enter a command.
- Fantasia Diamond, Kim Topley; publisher, Hewson Consultants; 1984; Spectrum.
- Hints and walkthrough at The Tipshop.