The IF Archive
A repository for freeware and shareware IF games, authoring systems, interpreters, library modules, and related material. This does not include Infocom products and other games for which the rights still belong to a business, unless permission has been granted to distribute them.
For a number of years before moving to its current location, the IF Archive was maintained at gmd.de, and some older websites and information will still refer to that site, though it is no longer current.
In early 2009, an informal competition called The IF Archive CSS Competition was held to update the visual look of the archive. The winning design, Chartist by Chris Klimas, was adopted on February 17, 2009.
- Interactive Fiction Archive Though the archive is relatively easy to use if you know exactly what you're looking for, it is difficult to browse.
- A list of HTML mirrors of the archive, including some with FTP access.
- The IFDB references most games in the Archive.
- Baf's Guide to the IF Archive.
- Parchment. Play any Z-Code or Glulx game from the IF Archive in Parchment, a web interpreter. No plugins needed.
- ADRIFT has a section for games written with ADRIFT. Click on "Adventures" in the main navigation bar. (See also the Delron and the Shadow Vault sites for ADRIFT games.)
- Home of the Underdogs is a large archive of many computer games, including IF. Click "Interactive Fiction" in the Genre navigation bar.
- World of Spectrum is a large archive of anything to do with the Spectrum including text adventure games written for it.
- The 8-bit Adventure World is a modest collection of old adventure games.