The IF Community is made up of people from all around the globe. They discuss IF and many other things on Usenet, on MUDs, and in person. Note that while the term 'the IF community' is frequently and casually used, it is hard to identify a single community focus; furthermore, other IF communities exist that interact little with the r*if-ifMUD community, notably for non-anglophone or adult-themed IF.
Articles about IF Community
- Main article: Category:People
- People/Authors (archived) at Baf's Guide.
- Roger Firth's Parsifal
- >talk to people at David Fisher's Chateâu d'IF.
- Main article: FAQ
File Servers and Catalogs
- Main article: archive
- The IF Archive.
- Baf's Guide to the IF Archive (archived).
- IFDB - The Interactive Fiction Database.
- The IF Ratings Site.
- Main article: Category:Communities
- rgif (rec.games.int-fiction) - Interactive Fiction gaming, accessible via Google Groups.
- raif (rec.arts.int-fiction ) - Interactive Fiction authorship, accessible via Google Groups.
- ifMUD (Interactive Fiction MUD) - A Perl mud used for chatting by various community members and friends.
- xtrek (Adult IF Discussion Group).
- aifarchive - Yahoo! group about Adult IF.
- AIF Forums.
- ADRIFT Forum - an active area for the discussion of ADRIFT, as well as general interactive fiction topics.
- The Alan-IF mailing list and discussion group - for Alan.
- The Pelican Hotel (Hugo Discussion Group).
- Axe Software Forum - for Quest.
- Tads3 discussion list - for TADS 3. Emphasis is placed on development of language, VM, and library features.
- Interactive Fiction Forum - A forum hosted at intfiction.org.
- The Interactive Fiction Community (no longer active).
- Interactive Fiction Games - Part of the "TGForumz" technical support forums.
- Interactive Fiction - Part of the "Just Adventure" forum.
- CASA forum: (recent), (old) - mostly about old IF games.
News and Editorials
Periodicals and 'Zines
- Main article: Category:Publications
- The IF Collaborators' List.
- The IF Beta Site.
- The IF Review Conspiracy.
- The Interactive Fiction Reviews Organization.
- Feelies.org (archived). Your (former) one-stop shop for interactive fiction feelies. Feelies.org as an IF organization disappeared in early 2008; the website is currently (2016) used by "The Feel Good Mob".