Intro to Jabberwocky
|Intro to Jabberwocky|
|Authoring system||Inform 6|
|Cruelty scale||Cruelty to be determined|
How It Begins
The game begins with a quote by Lewis Carroll.
You are a young person, carrying nothing and standing on the shore of the wabe. Pink fog wafts by. You hear the toves to the west, see a wire structure to the north, a wooden structure to the south, and your house back to the east. Above, the suns are together at that point called "brillig", and below, a worn tablet is half-buried in the sand. Taking the tablet, you see a pattern of lines beginning with the words "'Twas brillig".
Your father has sent you out here to care for the family's animals; something has happened to all of them and require your attention. You hope you can get it done quickly so you can have your breakfast.
- Based on the nonsense poem, Jabberwocky, from Lewis Carroll's Through the Looking-Glass.
- Intro to Jabberwocky (Gregory Weir; 2004; Z-code 5).
- Release 1 / Serial number 040714 / Inform v6.30 Library 6/11 S
- IFID: ZCODE-1-040714-B6C0
IFID links: IFDB,
Babel metadata, Babel download.(Note: Babel services at IF Archive are not yet available.)
- IntroComp 2004: Winner from 7 entries.
- Download introcomp04.zip ( ftp, random) from the IF Archive. All the games entered in IntroComp 2004.
- The story file for this game is <kbd>jbbrwkyi.z5</kbd>.