How It Begins
You are a tourist, probably from America, visiting Shinobu Palace on the last day of your trip to Japan. You have your camera and wallet, which contains a piece of gum and a bunch of traveler's checks. At the entrance to the palace grounds is a trash can. You've come here hoping to learn more about your ancestor, Matsuo Kaneiji, a samurai warrior both feared and respected in life, but noted mostly for being executed for treason before his thirtieth birthday. You want to find his tomb.
- "Old school" puzzle game. Over 70 locations.
- Frequent use of semi-interactive flashbacks to tell Kaneiji's story.
- Shinto mythology and symbolism.
- Katana (Matt Rohde; TADS 2).
- Katana - at IF Ratings
- "Game Slicing", a review of Katana by Emily Short for IF-Review.
- Katana review by Valentine Kopteltsev for SPAG.