IF Dreams started as a mini-competition announced on rec.arts.int-fiction. It now has morphed into an ongoing request for material based on dreams. Each month David Cornelson is requesting interactive fiction games based on dreams to be submitted directly to him. He will add them to this page and submit them to the archive for you.
Note: The first incarnation of the minicomp was called McDream Minicomp; the second version was called McDream II.
Write an interactive fiction game based on a vivid and memorable dream that you have had and try to convery the emotions within the dream as accurately as possible.
Games are currently listed in chronological order of release.
- Dreadwine (Eric Eve; Jul-2006; Z-code).
- The Retreat (J. D. Clemens; Aug-2006; Z-code).
- No Famous (Erik Wennstrom; Aug-2006; Z-code).
- MCDream (mini-competition) - minicomp announced on raif on June 22, 2006.
- McDream Minicomp - results announced on rgif on July 23, 2006.
- McDream II (mini competition) - minicomp announcement on raif on July 24, 2006.