|Authoring system||Inform 6|
|Cruelty scale||Cruelty to be determined|
How It Begins
You are a female servant wearing a coarse brown dress, a ring, and slippers. You are carrying your workbox which contains a ball of yarn and a needle. You have been magically sent to a bare shapeless place where the walls shimmer. A rock lies here. Your task is to find the elements and bring them to your master.
- A simulationist game.
- Almost all puzzles have multiple solutions.
- Features the behavior of several matters, as well as assorted sizes and shapes of item, together with the option of damaging things.
Trivia and Comments
- A smaller version of the dragon furnace appears in Tragedy strikes at the XYZZY awards! (Adam Biltcliffe; 2001; Z-code).
Competition version; Release 1
- Metamorphoses (Emily Short; 2000; Z-code 5).
- Release 1 / Serial number 000930 / Inform v6.15 Library 6/10
- IF Comp 2000: 2nd place of 53 entries. Also tied for 3rd place for Miss Congeniality.
- XYZZY Awards 2000: Winner of Best Writing. Finalist for Best Puzzles, Best Setting, Best Use of Medium.
- Download metamorp.z5 ( ftp, random) from the IF Archive
- Metamorphoses (Emily Short; 2002; Z-code 5).
- Метаморфозы (Emily Short, translator: Всеволод Зубарев; 2008; Z-code 5; Russian).
- Release 4 / Serial number 080518 / Inform v6.31 Library 6/11
- Metamorphoses homepage.
- Metamorphoses - at Baf's Guide.
- About the Russian translation (in Russian):
- Metamorphoses - at SPAG.
- Metamorphoses - at IF Ratings.
- Review - by Paul O'Brian.
- Review - by Dan Shiovitz.
- Review - by Duncan Stevens.