Movies Related To IF
There are lots of movies with an affinity to IF ...
- Behind an old filing cabinet a man discovers a portal into the mind of actor John Malkovich.
- (This one has already been IF-ized as Being Andrew Plotkin).
- RAIF thread on Being John Malkovich
- Stuck on a desert island, limited resources.
- Some people find themselves in a labyrinth full of booby traps.
- RAIF thread on Cube
- The game Labyrinth was inspired by this movie. (See RGIF post.)
- A woman and her daughter change bodies for a day.
- A business man's brother pursuades him to participate in "the game", where the goal is to figure out what the goal actually is.
- RAIF thread on The Game
- Phil must keep repeating the day until he gets it right.
- RAIF thread on Groundhog Day
- Reality is not what it seems
- A TV show, but the classic example of a hero who uses found objects to improvise solutions to puzzles
- A man has lost his short term memory, and must rely on clues he has left himself to figure out who killed his wife.
- RAIF thread on Memento
- A man is trapped in a very small environment (one city block) during the night before a potential nuclear armageddon, with a small cast of locals who pop in and out of the narrative as he explores.
- Not exactly IF related but has a similar feel: constrained use of space and resources
- Truman Burbank discovers that his world is completely artificial and that he is at the centre of it.
- Something went very wrong in the past, and a man is sent back in time to retrieve data and prevent the catastrophe.