Neil deMause is a sports writer whose nickname on the ifMUD is neild.
- MacWesleyan a.k.a. PC University (1995; TADS 2).
- Undo (as "Null Dogmas"; 1995; TADS 2). IF Comp 1995: 6th place, TADS division.
- Lost New York (1996; TADS 2). Finalist for Best NPCs, Best Puzzles, Best Setting, Best Story, Best Writing, and Best Game at the XYZZY Awards 1996.
- The Frenetic Five vs. Sturm und Drang (1997; TADS 2). IF Comp 1997: 13th place. Winner of Best NPCs at XYZZY Awards 1997. Also finalist for Best Individual PC.
- Verb! (as "D.L. Schneck"; 1998; TADS 2). Textfire 12-Pack.
- Spyder and Jeb (1998; TADS 2).
- The Frenetic Five vs. Mr. Redundancy Man (1999; TADS 2). Finalist for Best Individual Puzzle and Best NPCs at the XYZZY Awards 1999.
- SLUDGE: A SpeedIF Adventure (1999; TADS 2). Speed-IF 5.
- TRUDGE: An Interactive Hike (1999; TADS 2). Speed-IF 6.
- Deep Brow Lifter (2000; TADS 2). DinoComp.
- The Frenetic Five vs. the Seven Deadly Dwarves (2002; TADS 2). Finalist for Best NPCs at the XYZZY Awards 2002.
Review and Article Credits
- "Special Delivery: 5,000 Mailboxes in TADS." XYZZYnews #1. The IF Archive and Bran Muffin Communications, 1995.
- "Beta-Testers I Have Loved (archived)." XYZZYnews #8. The IF Archive and Bran Muffin Communications, 1996.
- "All That Erasmatazz." XYZZYnews #14. The IF Archive and Bran Muffin Communications, 1998.
- Review (archived) of Veritas - XYZZYNews #1.
- Reviews of IF Comp 1996.
- Reviews of IntroComp 2002.
- Associate editor of XYZZYnews.
- Unwittingly organized SpeedApocalypse.
- Created the IntroComp and organized its first year, IntroComp 2002.
As an NPC:
- Kids, don't eat your Halloween candy... (Dan Shiovitz; 1998; TADS 2). The PC visits Neil at his apartment and gets some cookies.
- The Pumpkin (Andrew Schepler; 1998; Z-code). The PC is at Neil's apartment; Neil himself, however, is ensorcelled and unresponsive.
As as cameo character:
- Are You A Chef? (Adam Biltcliffe; 2000; Z-code). As neild, tragically turned into a sprout.
- Speed IF #2 (J. Robinson Wheeler; 1998; Z-code). The PC travels to Neil's apartment/house. Neil himself appears only at the end of the game.
As a reference only:
- The Hand That Rocks The Pumpkin (Christopher Huang; 1998; Z-code). The PC is trying to get to Mr deMause's apartment.
- Undo, by Null Dogmas aka Neil Demause - SPAG #7 (Special 1995 I-F Competition Issue).
- IF Roundtable: The Art of the Puzzle (archived) from XYZZYnews #14. Adam Cadre, Lucian P. Smith, Andrew Plotkin, and Neil deMause discuss puzzles. 1998.
- Writers and Adventures. Stephen Granade interviews Neil deMause, Eric Mayer, and Adam Cadre. 2000 or later.