|Authoring system||Inform 6|
How It Begins
The opening lines of Poe's The Raven are quoted. You appear to be a gentleman of leisure. You are on a velvet couch in a shadowy study, wearing a gold ring. The study's obvious features include a writing desk, velvet curtains, a window and a fireplace, and a bust of Pallas sits over the door.
You can hear a tapping sound from somewhere.
- Based (very loosely) upon Edgar Allen Poe's The Raven.
- Includes a hunger puzzle variant, and a lot of PC death.
- Heavy use of drugs is necessary to win the game.
- Features a complex alchemy puzzle.
- Nevermore (Nate Cull; 2000; Z-code 5).
- Release 10 / Serial number 000928 / Inform v6.21 Library 6/10
- IFID: ZCODE-10-000928-C5BA
IFID links: IFDB,
Babel metadata, Babel download.(Note: Babel services at IF Archive are not yet available.)
- IF Comp 2000: 7th place of 53 entries.
- XYZZY Awards 2000: Finalist for Best Individual PC (the alchemist), Best Puzzles, and Best Setting.
- Download never.z5 from the IF Archive - The story file.
- Play it online at ifiction.org.
- Nevermore - at SPAG.
- Nevermore - at IF Ratings.
- Review - by Paul O'Brian.
- Review - by Dan Shiovitz.
- Review - by Duncan Stevens.