Nitfol is a Z-code interpreter and debugger, created in 1999 by Evin Robertson. The name comes from one of the Infocom spells.
- Uses the Glk API for I/O.
- Uses the Quetzal save format.
- Supports versions 1 through 8 of Z-machine, version 6 partially.
- Debugger feature based on the Unix GDB debugger.
- Supports Blorb sound and music.
- Unlimited undo and redo.
- Typo correction.
- Automatic map generation.
- As of 0.6 version, it supports the Glulx, BTZ and ScottAdams/AdventureInternational formats.