The PAW (a.k.a. Professional Adventure Writer) or PAWS (a.k.a. Professional Adventure Writing System) was an adventure writing system created by Tim Gilberts and Graeme Yeandle and released on the Sinclair Spectrum, Commodore 64 and several other computer systems in the 1980's.
PAWS was popular not only in the UK, but also in Spain; it had a significant influence on Spanish IF. A PAW culture reservoir site is maintained by Nacho A. Llorente at http://gilsoftpawreservoir.wordpress.com/
- WinPAW, by Douglas Harter, is a Windows version of PAW.
- Spanish authoring systems descended from PAW:
- History of Interactive Fiction in Spain.
- Graeme Yeandle's Site.
- PAW Reservoir by Nacho A. Llorente.
- Professional Adventure Writer - at World of Spectrum. With a list of Spectrum games authored with PAW.
- Professional Adventure Writer - at Wikipedia.