The Art of Deception
|The Art of Deception|
|Author(s)||she's long gone|
|Authoring system||Inform 6|
|Cruelty scale||Cruelty to be determined|
How It Begins
The game begins with a menu, offering the player the choice to start a new game, read the manual, or read the credits. Starting a new game offers a new menu to select the difficulty level, one of Rookie, Veteran, or Ghost. Then there is a screen that explains your choice. The fourth screen displays the title card:
- The Art of Deception
Scene One: Paintings and Pistols.
You are (presumably) a male secret agent, carrying your cellphone and passort, and wearing your suit and a watch. Not a hair out of place. You are on the sun deck of a cruise yacht between Osaka and Korea. You see some listless models lounging on chairs by the pool, a well-dressed crowd gathered by the steps down, and a bartender serving drinks behind the bar. You are waiting for your contact.
- The choice of difficulty levels:
- Rookie: access to hints, game cannot be made unwinnable.
- Veteran: no access to hints, game cannot be made unwinnable.
- Ghost: no access to hints, game can be made unwinnable (e.g: no safety net).
- The Art of Deception (she's long gone; 17-Jul-2006; Z-code 5).
- Release 1 / Serial number 060713 / Inform v6.31 Triform 0.95
- IFID: ZCODE-1-060713-93E8
IFID links: IFDB,
Babel metadata, Babel download.(Note: Babel services at IF Archive are not yet available.)
- Beta-testing by Poster, Gemma Bristow, and Rachel Henry.
- IntroComp 2006: participant.
- Download introcomp06.zip ( ftp, random) from the IF Archive - all the IntroComp 2006 games.
Note: The story file for this game is art.z5.