|Author(s)||Lucian P. Smith|
|Authoring system||Inform 6|
|Cruelty scale||Cruelty to be determined|
How It Begins
You have long limbs for climbing, fur against a cold night, and opposable thumbs, which the Others find funny. You ignore them. Life is simple. You find food. Eat it. Hide from Enemies.
Now in the forest is a very tall Edifice. Was it here before? You also see Rock here. Neither is food, but neither seem dangerous either.
Release 1 (Competition release)
- The Edifice (Lucian P. Smith; 1997; Z-code 5).
- Competition Release 1 / Serial number 970930 / Inform v6.14 Library 6/7
- IFID: ZCODE-1-970930-7E1C
IFID links: IFDB,
Babel metadata, Babel download.(Note: Babel services at IF Archive are not yet available.)
- IF Comp 1997: 1st place of 34 entries.
- XYZZY Awards 1997: Winner of Best Puzzles and Best Individual Puzzle (the language puzzle). Finalist for Best Game and Best Individual NPC (the Stranger).
- Download edifice.z5 from the IF Archive - The story file.
Release 2 (Post-comp release)
- The Edifice (Lucian P. Smith; 1998; Z-code 5).
- The Edifice (archived) - at Baf's Guide.
- The Edifice - at IFDB
- The Edifice - at ifwizz interactive fiction (in German).
- The Edifice - at SPAG.
- The Edifice - at IF Ratings.
- Review - by Paul O'Brian.
- Review - by Duncan Stevens.