The Erudition Chamber
|The Erudition Chamber|
|Authoring system||TADS 2|
|Cruelty scale||Cruelty to be determined|
How It Begins
You are an empty-handed and apprehensive novice, standing with a guard in front of the massive oak door to the Erudition Chamber.
It had been a very bad day. Asked to rebalance the Keep's time flow inhibitor, you botched the operation horribly, stopping time in one half of the Keep and doubling the speed in the other. Fortunately no one was killed, except a ferret who died gruesomely.
Maester Drummond, unamused, ordered you sent into the Erudition Chamber for your punishment. Inside, you will discover that the Chamber is empty except for a table which holds a battle axe, a journal, a lamp, and a leather flask.
- The Erudition Chamber (Daniel Freas; 29-Sep-2003; TADS 2).
- Beta-testing by Søren J. Løvborg and Christopher Martino.
- IFID: TADS2-C48CC33AC48D21E77C1FE3DFA9A24D97
IFID links: IFDB, IFDB cover,
Babel metadata, Babel download, Babel cover.(Note: Babel services at IF Archive are not yet available.)
- IF Comp 2003: 4th place of 30 entries.
- XYZZY Awards 2003: Finalist for Best Puzzles.
- Download erudite.gam from the IF Archive. The story file.
- The Erudition Chamber - at SPAG.
- The Erudition Chamber - at IF Ratings.
- Review - by Paul O'Brian.
- Review - by Dan Shiovitz.