The Fox, The Dragon, and The Stale Loaf of Bread
|The Fox, The Dragon, and The Stale Loaf of Bread|
|Authoring system||Inform 6|
|Cruelty scale||Cruelty to be determined|
How It Begins
A lengthy, somewhat archaically scanning song in which a bard explains he was travelling through the wilderness and was very hungry. We then take control of the bard as he comes down out of a mountain trail into a forest outside of the town where he is presumably singing the prologue.
- The narrator directly tempts the player into taking actions that will render the game unwinnable.
Trivia and Comments
Release 1 (IntroComp release)
- The Fox, The Dragon, and The Stale Loaf of Bread (David Welbourn; 24-Jul-2005; Z-code).
- Release 1 / Serial number 050723 / Inform v6.21 Library 6/10
- IFID: ZCODE-1-050723-6F22
IFID links: IFDB,
Babel metadata, Babel download.(Note: Babel services at IF Archive are not yet available.)
- IntroComp 2005: 3rd place of 6 games.
- Download introcomp05.zip ( ftp, random) from the IF Archive - All the games from IntroComp 2005.
- The Fox, The Dragon, and The Stale Loaf of Bread (archived) - at Baf's Guide.
- The Fox, The Dragon, and The Stale Loaf of Bread - at IFDB.
- The Fox, The Dragon, and The Stale Loaf of Bread - at ifwizz interactive fiction (in German).