The Gateway of the Ferrets
So life lately has been traveling through one portal after another, each with its own risks and rewards. Sometimes portals lead to dead ends. Sometimes they close and lock behind you. Sometimes it's challenging to get back. Sometimes you need help. Sometimes you need ferrets.
Generally this is a short story in which one has to figure out how to escape through a locked door with the assistance of a pair of friendly ferrets.
|The Gateway of the Ferrets|
|Authoring system||Inform 7|
How It Begins
You have just passed through a portal from Sigil, the City of Doors, and the gateway door shuts and locks behind you. It quickly becomes apparent that there is no way forward from here and that you must get back through that portal to continue your adventure. Unfortunately it is not at all clear how to open that portal gateway. Fortunately there are two ferrets here who may be able to help.
- This story offers lots of opportunities to interact with Cinnamon and Sugar beyond what is necessary to escape.
- The Gateway of the Ferrets (Feneric; 12-Dec-2019; Glulx).
- Release 1 / Serial number 191206 / Inform 7 build 6M62 (I6/v6.33 lib 6/12N)
- Beta testers: Rhianon Brown, Michael D. Hilborn, Naomi Hinchen, Andrew Plotkin, and Jarrod Staples.
- IFID: 44F3A87C-D7EE-11E9-9B30-38DEAD6428A5
IFID links: IFDB, IFDB cover,
Babel metadata, Babel download, Babel cover.(Note: Babel services at IF Archive are not yet available.)
- Interactive Fiction Advent Calendar: 2019.
- Download Gateway of the Ferrets.gblorb from Saugus.net.
- The Gateway of the Ferrets page.
- The Gateway of the Ferrets on itch.io.
- The Gateway of the Ferrets on IFDB.
- The Interactive Fiction Advent Calendar.