The Problems Compound
|The Problems Compound|
|Authoring system||Inform 7|
How It Begins
You, Alec Smart, find a ticket leading away from your home to a place called Smart Street and the Problems Compound.
- Trizbort color map
- Director's Cut area with rejected rooms
- Fake deaths
- Unlockable verbs
- XP/Explain to explain figures of speech
- Four jump commands to skip ahead in the story
- Alternate endings
- Good and great ending implemented in Version 2
- Existentially bad ending in Version 1, three similar endings in Version 3
- Optional risque text that changes your antagonist's name
- The Problems Compound (Andrew Schultz; 01-Oct-2015; Glulx).
- The Problems Compound (Andrew Schultz; 30-Mar-2016; Glulx).
Future Release Plans
The author plans a release 3 in June 2016 to address a serious bug found in the alternate endings. Many character names are changed to something more specific, and many minor features are also implemented.
- A + means more than one version. P means post-comp.
- (uncredited person)
- Neil Butters P
- Wade Clarke +
- Marco Innocenti
- Joey Jones P
- Hugo Labrande
- Juhana Leinonen +
- Brian Rushton
- Matt Weiner
Others Who Helped
The author traded post-comp "code tennis" (make a change every couple days, email the other guy, and repeat til someone faults) with Alex Butterfield and Hugo Labrande. Olly Kirk, Paul Lee, Michael Martin, David Welbourn and Al Golden pointed out some good bugs mid-comp.
The author's latest changes and planned fixes are [GitHub].
- Author Commentary:
- Walkthrough and map by David Welbourn.
|Alec Smart saga by Andrew Schultz|
|The Problems Compound (2015)|
Slicker City (2016)