The virtual human
|the virtual human|
|Authoring system||ADRIFT 4 and ADRIFT 5|
|Platform(s)||ADRIFT 4 and ADRIFT 5|
A short IF inspired by Jørgen Leth’s The Perfect Human.
How It Begins
The game’s introduction is a parody of the opening to The Perfect Human. It establishes the goals of the game, namely to learn about a "virtual human" by constructing his/her/its identity and to ultimately "answer its questions."
Trivia and Comments
- A dream cutscene is accessible from the "thinking" section.
- For yes/no questions, the game also recognises responses like "maybe," "possibly," and "I don't know."
- The "questions" the virtual human asks at the end of the game are variable and taken from both the original version of The Perfect Human and from the second re-adaptation featured in The Five Obstructions.
- the virtual human (Duncan Bowsman a.k.a. "DB"; 27-July-2008; ADRIFT 4).
ADRIFT 5 conversion
- the virtual human (Duncan Bowsman a.k.a. "DB"; 21-May-2011; ADRIFT 5).