|Development release||pre-beta 9|
|Operating system||macOS (10.9+)|
|Written in||Objective-C, C++, C|
|License(s)||HTML TADS FREEWARE SOURCE CODE LICENSE|
XTads is a TADS 2/3 interpreter for macOS (version 10.9 and higher). It's a GUI application, with native macOS look and feel. Game output is text-only, with limited/simplistic support for HTML.
2018-02-10: pre-beta 9 is out, with minor feature additions and and UI tweaks.
2017-12-23: pre-beta 8 is out, with minor feature additions and performance fixes.
2017-11-12: pre-beta 7 is out, fixing some issues related to macOS 10.13 (High Sierra).
2017-10-26: pre-beta 6 is out, adding support for more-prompts in banners, and a few bug fixes.
2017-08-10: pre-beta 5 is out, fixing a rather nasty performance issue.
2017-08-02: pre-beta 4 is out, with a couple of fixes:
- Changing the background colour of the main output area didn't work.
- Source code: character set translation (.tcp) files were missing, preventing a correct build.
2017-07-25: pre-beta 3 is out, with:
- Support for banners (well, except more-prompts)
- Full support for the <tab> tag
- Improvements to text formatting
- Misc. bug-fixes
XTads is still a work in progress. Bug reports are more than welcome - see contact info in the program's About panel.
Download source code: https://www.ifarchive.org/if-archive/programming/tads2/source/XTads-prebeta-9-src.zip