Revision as of 18:42, 22 October 2014 by Dswxyz (Text replace - '[[Category:Games in 2003' to '[[Category:Works in 2003')
|Authoring system||ADRIFT 4|
|Color effects||yes: The "Guess the Verb" sign is in red text|
|Graphics||yes: one optional photo|
|Sound/Music||yes: optional background music|
How It Begins
You might be anyone carrying a token and a golf club. You've come to the ADRIFT-O-Rama to play a round of ADRIFT-themed mini-golf and have fun. Just buy a golf ball from the machine in the ball room, then head out the door and start playing!
- The game is a thin excuse to showcase several ADRIFT authors and humorously summarize the sorts of games they've made. The authors so featured are the Mad Monk, Mel S, Cowboy, Matt (Dark Baron), Hanadorobou, KF, David Whyld, Cannibal, DuoDave, The Amazing Poodle Boy, DS490, Mut, MileOut, Woodfish, Mystery herself, and Campbell Wild (ADRIFT's creator). Only Campbell is a true NPC, although Mystery, Mut, and MileOut make cameo appearances between commands; everyone else is merely mentioned in the room names. Also honored with holes is David Whyld's recurring character Clueless Bob Newbie and the IF concept of guess-the-verb.
- Energetic and trippy background music plays in an endless loop in the background.
- Examining Campbell at the final hole will temporarily display a photo of him before giving a text description.
- Since it is impossible to lose the golf game and no score is kept, the player might as well decide to deliberately play the golf game poorly simply to see more of the game's responses.
Summer Comp Release
- ADRIFT-O-Rama (Dana Crane as "Mystery"; 31-Aug-2003; ADRIFT 4).