|Authoring system||ADRIFT 4|
|Cruelty scale||Cruelty to be determined|
How It Begins
First, the game warns you that it contains foul language, adult situations, and some tasteless humor.
You are Santa Claus, carrying nothing. Shortly after getting out of your sleigh on the roof of Campbell Wild's house, you fall off, landing outside near the front steps. Inexplicably, your magic is now gone and you can't get back onto the roof. There's a Christmas party of 'Drifters inside the house, and Mystery is here. You're welcome to join in the fun until you can figure out how to get your magic back.
- Several then-members of the ADRIFT Forum appear as themselves (more or less) in this game. Mystery asked each potential guest at the party to write their own responses to a list of topics, which she then coded into her game. (However, it should be stressed that these characterizations of real people, even though authored by themselves, shouldn't be taken as evidence as how these people would really act in real life.)
- Wandering NPCs. Most of the guests wander from room to room of the house at random (although they seem to be able to ignore closed doors).
- The game contains a long audio comedy routine (by Red Peters, http://www.redpeters.com) which accounts for the story file's large size. However, players do not need to listen to it in order to successfully play this game.
Trivia and Comments
- The conversation topic "god" is usually synonymous with "Campbell Wild" in this game. This usage is probably a tribute to him for creating ADRIFT.
- ADRIFTMAS Party (Dana Crane as "Mystery"; 2002; ADRIFT 4).