Aimfiz is a Z-machine interpreter written in C and SDL, and is license under GNU GPL v3 or later version.
Some of the features are:
- It support Z-machine versions 1 to 5, 7-INF, 8-INF, 9-ZZO, and 10-ZZO.
- Both text aliases and key aliases are supported.
- Scrollback is supposed with a user-defined buffer size.
- Timer and undo can be disabled.
- The speed of the timer can be adjusted.
- You can override the interpreter's decision of if the game is pirated or not, and if the game is verified or not.
- Plugins can be loaded for implementing EXT opcodes.
These features are currently unsupported but the author intends to add support soon:
- Input logs
- Extended input line editing feature
These features might be supported in later versions, although they might not going to be implemented:
- Sound (in Infocom format)
- Font 2 (if Infocom did in fact define it)
- Upper window of version 3
These features will never be supported:
- Variable-pitch text
- Built-in compensation for specific games
The author expects you to complain in the talk page of this article and in the ifMUD. Other features not mentioned here might also be added in the future.
- Download source codes and Win32 executable (version 0.2.1)