Revision as of 10:32, 23 October 2017 by Autymn D. C. (→Features: https://www.intfiction.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=6481#p45792)
Bocfel is an interpreter for the Z-machine, made by Chris Spiegel.
It fully supports Z-machine versions 1-5, 7, 8, and contains partial support for version 6.
- Almost no platform-specific functions are used—and those that are used are optional—so almost any system with a recent C compiler should be able to build and run Bocfel.
- Makes use of Glk for input/output, with complete support for Gargoyle; a non-Glk "dumb" interface is also available.
- Support (assuming a font with Unicode box-drawing characters) for the character graphics font used by Beyond Zork.
- Unicode support.
- Multiple undo in almost all games, including those which do not natively support it.
- Full control over command recording, transcripting, and command-record playback.
- Rudimentary "cheating" support, designed to disable hunger and thirst daemons.