|Authoring system||TADS 2|
How It Begins
You are a young woman who has just turned twenty years of age, and your father, no longer able to support you, has sent you out into the world to seek your fortune. There are "evils yet to be vanquished, treasures yet to be harvested... Nothing remains for you here. Only one path is laid out for you."
Trivia and Comments
- The player character identity is randomized between three characters varying in ethnicity, clothing and academic major.
- Chancellor (Kevin Venzke; 01-Oct-2005; TADS 2).
- Beta-testing by Mike Snyder, Peter Mattsson, Kristian Andresen, Johnny Rivera, and Trisha Venzke.
- Version 1.15 (competition release).
- IF Comp 2005: 9th place.
- Note: Finalist for Best Game, Best Writing, Best Story, Best Setting and Best Individual Puzzle, XYZZY Awards 2005.
- Files in the tads2/chancel/ directory:
- Chancellor (archived) - at Baf's Guide
- Chancellor - at IFDB.
- Chancellor - at ifwizz interactive fiction (in German).
- Review by Sam Kabo Ashwell.
- Review by Stephen Bond.
- Review by Christos Dimitrakakis.
- Chancellor - at SPAG - reviewed by Valentine Kopteltsev.
- Review by Timofei Shatrov.
- Review by Dan Shiovitz.
- Review by Mike Snyder.
- Chancellor - at IFReviews.org