|Author(s)||Rob Dubbin and Adam Parrish|
|Authoring system||Inform 6|
How It Begins
You have arrived at a secret garden for the biggest tea party of the year. Under the canopy, you can see an exquisite porcelain tea service and a monk named Eaves. You can also see the flowers and fragrant plants of the garden, and a cobblestone roadway to the town below.
You should talk to Eaves and thank him for inviting you. It's going to be a lovely day!
- Wordplay. The main gimmick is that the player has the ability to KNOCK a letter out of a word. The knocked letter, which is held in a runebag, may then be CAST back into that word or possibly another word.
- The game begins with a tutorial style of play, so the player becomes familiar with how the wordplay works.
- An internal monologue pane at the bottom of the screen, below the prompt, lets the player see what the player character is thinking as events occur.
- Several standard commands have been disabled, possibly to minimize the amount of text that can potentially be altered by the wordplay commands.
- Conversation uses the TALK TO model rather than ASK-TELL or menus.
- The game cannot be put into an unwinnable situation. If the player character dies or something essential is lost, the game will either automatically reset the game world back a bit so the tragedy did not occur, or restore essential items so that the player may try a different strategy.
- Earl Grey (Rob Dubbin and Adam Parrish; 01-Oct-2009; Glulx).
- Release 1 / Serial number 090930 / Inform v6.31 Library 6/11
- IFID: GLULX-1-090930-9A77AD43
IFID links: IFDB,
Babel metadata, Babel download.(Note: Babel services at IF Archive are not yet available.)
- IF Comp 2009: 5th place of 24 entries.
- XYZZY Awards 2009: Winner of Best Puzzles.
- Download earlgrey.ulx from the IF Archive
- Earl Grey (archived) - at Baf's Guide.
- Earl Grey - at IFDB.
- Earl Grey - at ifwizz interactive fiction (in German).
- Review by Sam Kabo Ashwell.
- Review by Renee Choba.
- Review by Conrad.
- Review by Dark Star.
- Review by Ben Dixon.
- Review by Elizabeth (runnerchild).
- Review by Shane Fitzgerald-Gale.
- Review by David Fletcher.
- Review by Jeremy Freese.
- Review by FrozenIsles Productions.
- Review by Victor Gijsbers.
- Review by Hipolito.
- Review by Christopher Huang.
- Review by JonathanCR - at IFDB.
- Review by Denis Klotz.
- Review (in Russian) and Baf's Guide review by Valentine Kopteltsev (uux).
- Review by Amanda Lange.
- Review by Felix Larsson - at IFDB.
- Review by Yoon Ha Lee.
- Review by Juhana Leinonen.
- Review by Jimmy Maher - in SPAG.
- Review by Michael Martin.
- Review by memegarden.
- Review by Rob Menke.
- Review by George Oliver.
- Review by Wesley Osam.
- Review by George Penrose.
- Review by Jenni Polodna.
- Review by George Shannon.
- Review by Dan Shiovitz.
- Review by Emily Short.
- Review by Mike Snyder.
- Review by TempestDash - at IFDB.
- Review by tenjouutena.
- Review by Matt Weiner.
- Review by Jake Wildstrom.
- Review by Daniel Wilson.
- Review (in Russian) by yandexx.