Revision as of 17:45, 31 December 2012 by Maga (→Author Credits: added Bee, First Draft of the Revolution, Counterfeit Monkey)
- Not Made With Hands (2000; Z-code).
- Galatea (2000; Z-code). 2000 IF Art Show: winner of Best of Show. Winner of Best Individual NPC at the XYZZY Awards 2000, and finalist for Best NPCs and Best Game.
- Metamorphoses (2000; Z-code). IF Comp 2000: 2nd place. Winner of Best Writing at the XYZZY Awards 2000, and finalist for Best Puzzles, Best Setting, and Best Use of Medium.
- Pick Up the Phone Booth and Aisle (with Ola Sverre Bauge, Steve Bernard, Jon Blask, John Cater, Liza Daly, David Dyte, Stephen Granade, Iain Merrick, Rob Noyes, Dan Schmidt, Dan Shiovitz, and J. Robinson Wheeler; 2001; Z-code). Finalist for Best Use of Medium at the XYZZY Awards 2001.
- The Last Sonnet of Marie Antoinette (2001; Z-code). Speed-IF 16.
- The Crescent City at the Edge of Disaster (2001; Z-code). Speed-IF 2001.
- A Day for Fresh Sushi (2001; Z-code). Speed-IF Without Number.
- Banana Apocalypse and the Rocket Pants of Destiny (2001; Z-code). Speed-IF Y.
- A Dark and Stormy Entry (as "Lord Lobur-Bytton"; 2001; Z-code). LOTECH Comp 2001: 2nd place.
- Pytho's Mask (2001; Z-code). SmoochieComp. Winner of Best NPCs at the XYZZY Awards 2001, and finalist for Best Individual Puzzle, Best Setting, Best Story, Best Writing, and Best Game.
- Marble Madness (2001; Z-code). IF Arcade.
- Best of Three (2001; Glulx). IF Comp 2001: 7th place. Finalist for Best Individual PC, Best Use of Medium, Best Individual NPC, Best NPCs, Best Writing, and Best Game at the XYZZY Awards 2001.
- Savoir Faire (2002; Z-code). Winner of Best Puzzles, Best Individual PC, Best Story, and Best Game at the XYZZY Awards 2002, and finalist for Best Use of Medium, Best Individual Puzzle, Best Setting, and Best Writing.
- Max Blaster and Doris de Lightning Against the Parrot Creatures of Venus (with Dan Shiovitz, illustrator: J. Robinson Wheeler; 2003; TADS 3). Spring Thing 2003: 1st place. Finalist for Best Writing and Best Individual Puzzle at the XYZZY Awards 2003.
- City of Secrets (2003; Glulx). Winner of Best NPCs at the XYZZY Awards 2003, and finalist for Best Individual NPC, Best Writing, Best Setting, Best Story, Best Use of Medium, and Best Game.
- Mystery House Possessed (2005; Z-code). Mystery House Taken Over. XYZZY Awards 2005: Winner of Best Use of Medium, and a finalist for Best Individual Puzzle (identifying the killer).
- Bronze (21-Jan-2006, 01-Mar-2006; Z-code). Speed-IF Gruff. XYZZY Awards 2006: Finalist for Best Use of Medium.
- Damnatio Memoriae (01-Mar-2006; Z-code).
- Glass (30-Apr-2006; Z-code).
- When in Rome 1: Accounting for Taste (30-Apr-2006; Z-code).
- When in Rome 2: Far from Home (30-Apr-2006; Z-code).
- Floatpoint (30-Sep-2006; Glulx). IF Comp 2006: 1st place, and 3rd choice for Miss Congeniality. XYZZY Awards 2006: Winner of Best Setting and Best NPCs. Also finalist for Best Game, Best Writing, and Best Individual Puzzle (choosing the present).
- Fugue (publisher: Up Right Down; c.22-Feb-2008; Z-code).
- Lowell Prison (27-May-2008; Glulx). bouchercomp entry.
- Alabaster (with John Cater, Rob Dubbin, Eric Eve, Elizabeth Heller, Jayzee, Kazuki Mishima, Sarah Morayati, Mark Musante, Adam Thornton, and Ziv Wities; 05-Jun-2009; Glulx). Illustrated by Daniel Allington-Krzysztofiak. XYZZY Awards 2009: Winner of Best Writing and Best Individual NPC (Snow White); also was a finalist for Best Use of Medium.
- Indigo (07-May-2011; TADS 3). Indigo New Language Speed-IF. XYZZY Awards 2011: Finalist, Best Individual Puzzle.
- Bee (3-Jun-2012; Varytale).
- First Draft of the Revolution (with Liza Daly and inkle; 24-Sep-2012; web-based).
- Counterfeit Monkey (31-Dec-2012; Glulx).
- For Inform 7: wrote the examples and the Test Suite used for regression testing. Also gave theoretical guidance and advice.
Review and Article Credits
- Some Observations on Using Inform 7 - article at Brass Lantern.
- Recommended Playing List - showcases games with unusual features.
- Two articles about IF in the UK magazine PC Plus:
- April 2008: about interactive prose and description.
- due for May(?) 2008: about action design.
See also: non-comp reviews page (with links to her reviews of comp games).
- IF Comp:
- 2000, 2001, 2002, and 2003.
- 2006: rgif posting or text file.
- 2007: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, and General observations.
- 2008: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, and General Reflections and Favorites.
- 2009: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, and overview.
- 2010: Intro and reviews.
- Spring Thing:
- IF Art Show: 2003 and 2004.
- IntroComp: 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, and 2008.
- SmoochieComp: reviews.
- RomanceNovelComp: reviews.
- SwashComp: reviews.
- WalkthroughComp: reviews.
- One Room Game Competition: 2007 and 2008.
- HP Lovecraft: The Commonplace Book Project 2007: Ecdysis and The Cellar; IF Games from The Commonplace Book Project.
- IFBeginnersComp: reviews.
- Casual Gameplay Design Competition #7: 1, 2, 3, and 4.
Reviews at Play This Thing!
- Review of The Act of Misdirection.
- Review of An Act of Murder.
- Review of Aisle.
- Review of Anchorhead.
- Review of The Baron.
- Review of Blue Lacuna.
- Review of Bonehead.
- Review of The Chinese Room.
- Review of Common Ground.
- Review of Everybody Dies.
- Review of Fate.
- Review of Fragile Shells.
- Review of The Gostak.
- Review of Gun Mute.
- Review of Hoist Sail for the Heliopause and Home.
- Review of The King of Shreds and Patches.
- Review of Klockwerk: The Shadow in the Cathedral.
- Review of Lock & Key.
- Review of Lost Pig.
- Review of Make It Good.
- Review of 'Mid the Sagebrush and the Cactus.
- Review of Necrotic Drift.
- Review of The Nemean Lion.
- Review of Rameses.
- Review of rendition.
- Review of Shade.
- Review of Shelter from the Storm.
- Review of Slouching Towards Bedlam.
- Review of Treasures of a Slaver's Kingdom.
- Review of Walker & Silhouette.
- Review of The Warbler's Nest.
- Review of Worlds Apart.
- Reviews for IF-Review.
- Reviews for Baf's Guide.
- Emily Short's reviews - at IFDB.
- Reviews for Interactive Fiction Reviews Organization.
- Reviews for SPAG.
- SPAG Specifics of The Act of Misdirection, Fine-Tuned, Heroine's Mantle and Lazy Gods of Earth.
- Games I didn't finish, and why.
- Four ADRIFT games on MacScare.
- Two games you should have played by now - reviews of Arrival, or Attack of the B-Movie Clichés and Sunset Over Savannah.
- Reviews at GameSetWatch:
- Reviews at Jay Is Games:
- Review of Adventures of Helpfulman.
- Review of Blue Lacuna: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6.
- Review of Infidel: 1 and 2.
- Review (also in Italian) of The Land of the Cyclops.
- Review of Letters from Home.
- Review of Ron Weasley and the Quest for Hermione - at Trotting Krips.
- Review of Shrapnel.
- Review of Textfire Golf.
- Review of Vespers.
- Review of Walker & Silhouette.
- Review of Worlds Apart.
- Organizer of SmoochieComp in February 2001.
- Organizer of WalkthroughComp in May 2001.
- One of the official judges for RomanceNovelComp (2002).
- Organizer of SwashComp in August 2003.
- One of the judges for the IF Art Show in 2003 and 2004.
- Organizer of Speed-IF Gruff in January 2006.
- Organizer for IF Cover Art Drive in 2008.
- Maintains the Cheese-friendly Game Directory.
- One of the people behind feelies.org, "your one-stop shop for interactive fiction feelies". Feelies.org disappeared in early 2008; the link is to the Wayback Machine's most recent copy of the site.
- Librarian in charge of selected pages at inform-fiction.org.
- Chief Editor of the IF Theory Book until September 2010. Her successor in the role is Kevin Jackson-Mead.
- A New Life (Alexandre Owen Muñiz; 01-Oct-2005; Z-code 5).
- Blighted Isle (Eric Eve; 14-Jul-2007; TADS 3).
- Lost Pig (Admiral Jota; 30-Sep-2007; Z-code 8).
As an NPC:
- Mission From Short (Jessica Knoch and Jennifer Maddox; 2004; Z-code). Speed-IF Century.
- Zig-zy (Jonathan Rosebaugh; 2001; Glulx). Speed-IF XYZZY.
As a reference only:
- "Emil Petit" in Krakatoa Tuna Melt (David Welbourn; 2002; Z-code). Speed-IF 10-9. Emil Petit is who Emily Short might be if she were male and French.
- "Hold for E. Short" in Tinseltown Blues (Chip Hayes; 2002; Z-code). Spring Thing 2002. This notation is on a large cheese prop.
- "Emily's bag" in Tragedy strikes at the XYZZY awards! (Adam Biltcliffe; 2001; Z-code). The bag contains a dragon furnace, which refers to her game Metamorphoses.
- Contributed a dream sequence to Narcolepsy (2003) by Adam Cadre, along with Stephen Bond, Liza Daly, Jennifer Earl, Stephen Granade, Jon Ingold, Nick Montfort, Paul O'Brian, Andrew Plotkin, Dan Shiovitz, Bridget Sweeney, and J. Robinson Wheeler.
- Participant, Interactive Fiction Walkthroughs. A reading of IF with Star C. Foster, Nick Montfort, Daniel Ravipinto, and Emily Short. Hosted by Scott Rettberg. Kelly Writers House, 27 October 2004.
- Emily Short's homepage.
- Emily Short's former homepage. (This page has moved. Your browser should automatically redirect to its new location, see the link above).
- Emily Short (archived) - at Baf's Guide.
- Emily Short - at IFDB.
- Emily Short at Wikipedia.
- Emily Short, author of "Metamorphoses" - SPAG #23, December 29, 2000.
- SmoochieComp 2001 - Stephen Granade of Brass Lantern interviews Emily Short about SmoochieComp. c. February 2001.
- Interaction is better than plastic explosive - Interview by L'avventura è L'avventura, October 2001. (Also in Italian.)
- The SPAG Interview with Emily Short - SPAG #29, June 20, 2002.
- PC Gamer UK Interview: Emily Short - by Richard Cobbett for PC Gamer UK, issue 118, January 2003.
- Interview: Emily Short questioned by KF (View HTML), (View PDF) - InsideADRIFT Issue 9, August 2003.
- Interactive Fiction and Feelies: An Interview with Emily Short - by Bill Loguidice for Armchair Arcade, Issue #2, March 2004.
- Magic Words: Interactive Fiction in the 21st Century - by Andrew Vestal and Nich Maragos, illustrations by Erin Mehlos. Originally at 1up.com. Includes interviews of Emily Short, Stephen Granade, Andrew Plotkin, Adam Cadre, Daniel Ravipinto and Star Foster. 2004.
- The CGM Interviews - Andrew Plotkin and Emily Short are interviewed by Lara Crigger for Computer Games Magazine #185. 2006(?).
- SPAG #44 - Jimmy Maher interviews Graham Nelson and Emily Short about Inform 7. April 30, 2006. (Spanish translation)
- Emily Short, author of "Floatpoint" - SPAG #47, January 16, 2007.
- Inside Interactive Fiction: An Interview with Emily Short - April 10, 2007.
- Wikigame: an interview with IF author Emily Short - June 9, 2008.
- Tips from interactive fiction authors: 1 and 2 (with Stephen Granade) - September 11 and October 28, 2010.
- Absent Heroes: Choose Your Own Interview II - with interviews of Adam Cadre, Emily Short, and Andrew Plotkin. July 16, 2012.