Games with Robot Protagonists
Various games have been written in which the PC is a robot (or other general-purpose electronic computing device, or cyborg). These can pose special challenges for both author and audience, since the ways in which robots interact with their environment are frequently unusual. Robot PCs may sense things in different ways to human ones and may have a very different range of capabilities.
- A Mind Forever Voyaging (Steve Meretzky, 1985, ZIL, Infocom). PRISM, a sentient computer who can enter simulation mode as Perry Simm.
- Bad Machine (Dan Shiovitz, 1998, TADS). A reconfigureable, six-limbed mover-class machine.
- Robodud (Ian Waddell; 2003; Z-code). Robot.
- robotfindskitten (robotfindskitten consortium, 1997, multiple platforms). Robot.
- Cyborg (Michael Berlyn, 1981, Sentient Software). Cyborg.
- Suspended (Michael Berlyn, 1983, ZIL, Infocom). Six mobile robots.
- The Atomic Heart (Stefan Blixt, 2003, Z-code). Robot.