|Authoring system||Inform 7|
|Cruelty scale||Cruelty to be determined|
How It Begins
Your favorite uncle, Uncle Floyd, is eager to show you his latest invention. However, you didn't expect that he and his assistant, Gilby, would strap you into a weird chair and jolt you out of your body.
You regain consciousness, but all your senses are muted, and your body, from what you can see of it, is a metal pyramid with four arms with grippers instead of hands. You've been interfaced into a backup robot unit!
After a huge argument with your uncle, Gilby agrees to take you home to "fix things", but once you arrive in his living room, he informs you he's fed up and is going to find another job in the morning. But first he's going to sleep. He locks the door and takes the keys with him to his bedroom. He's not going to help you at all! So now what?
- Interface (Ben Vegiard; 01-Oct-2009; Z-code 8).
- Release 1 / Serial number 090929 / Inform 7 build 5U92 (I6/v6.31 lib 6/12N)
- IFID: 4DB6FB87-8F9B-4841-BEA8-5ECEB55559CF
IFID links: IFDB,
Babel metadata, Babel download.(Note: Babel services at IF Archive are not yet available.)
- IF Comp 2009: 8th place of 24 entries.
- Download Interface.z8 from the IF Archive. Story file.
- Download Interface%20Map.pdf from the IF Archive. Starter map, showing the layout of Gilby's home, but not naming any of the locations except the Living Room.
- Interface (archived) - at Baf's Guide.
- Interface - at IFDB.
- Interface - at ifwizz interactive fiction (in German).
- Some notes on "Interface" - RAIF, November 16, 2009.
- Review by Philip Armstrong.
- Review by Sam Kabo Ashwell.
- Review by Renee Choba.
- Review by Riff Conner.
- Review by Conrad.
- Review by Dark Star.
- Review by George Dorn.
- Review by Shane Fitzgerald-Gale.
- Review by David Fletcher.
- Review by FrozenIsles Productions.
- Review by Victor Gijsbers.
- Review by Hipolito.
- Review by Christopher Huang.
- Review by Imrihamun (Cobaltnine).
- Review by Denis Klotz.
- Review (in Russian) by Valentine Kopteltsev (uux).
- Review by Amanda Lange.
- Review by Felix Larsson - at IFDB.
- Review by Yoon Ha Lee.
- Review by Juhana Leinonen - in SPAG.
- Review by Michael Martin.
- Review (in Spanish) by Mastodon - at the CAAD forum.
- Review by Rob Menke.
- Review by Jenni Polodna.
- Review by Portmanteau - at IFDB.
- Review by George Shannon.
- Review by Dan Shiovitz.
- Review by Emily Short.
- Review by Mike Snyder.
- Review by tenjouutena.
- Review by Michael Neal Tenuis.
- Review by Mark J. Tilford (ralphmerridew).
- Review by Matt Weiner.
- Review by Jake Wildstrom.
- Review by Daniel Wilson.