List of file extensions
Revision as of 01:29, 9 July 2009 by Vaporware
- .a3c - Alan 3 story file.
- .a3r - Alan 3 resource file.
- .acd - Alan 2 code file. Always accompanied with a .dat data file.
- .alr - ADRIFT Language Resource file.
- .blb - Blorb file, which contains other files, one of which is almost certainly some kind of story file. See also: .gblorb, .glb, .zblorb, and .zlb.
- .dat - Data file. Without context, this could be anything. Infocom used .dat files for its story files; those are equivalent to any one of .z1 to .z8 file formats. Alan 2 also uses its own .dat files; these are always accompanied with an .acd file.
- .gam - TADS 2 story file.
- .gblorb - Blorb file which contains a Glulx story file.
- .glb - Blorb file which contains a Glulx story file.
- .h - Header file. This is a special type of source code file shareable between projects. Inform 6, TADS 2, and TADS 3 all use .h files.
- .hex - Hugo story file. (Probably short for "Hugo EXecutable".)
- .i6t - Inform 6 template files used by the Inform 7 compiler.
- .i7x - Inform 7 extension source code file.
- .inf - Inform 6 source code file.
- .inform - Inform 7 project folder.
- .ni - Inform 7 source code.
- .sav - Saved game file. This extension is used by various interpreters, including TADS 2 and Z-code interpreters, although the file formats are not always compatible.
- .t - TADS source code file.
- .t3 - TADS 3 story file.
- .t3v - TADS 3 saved game file.
- .t3x - TADS 3 story file.
- .taf - ADRIFT story file. (Probably short for "Text Adventure File".)
- .tws - Twine story file. (Twine output files, however, end in .html)
- .ulx - Glulx story file.
- .z1 - Z-Machine version 1 story file.
- .z2 - Z-Machine version 2 story file.
- .z3 - Z-Machine version 3 story file.
- .z4 - Z-Machine version 4 story file.
- .z5 - Z-Machine version 5 story file.
- .z6 - Z-Machine version 6 story file.
- .z7 - Z-Machine version 7 story file.
- .z8 - Z-Machine version 8 story file.
- .zblorb - Blorb file which contains a Z-Machine story file.
- .zlb - Blorb file which contains a Z-Machine story file.