|Authoring system||Inform 7|
|Cruelty scale||Cruelty to be determined|
How It Begins
You are an opportunist wearing a spacesuit (acquired at some expense through dubious channels) and standing in a Gloss spacecraft (that you helped yourself to after the Gloss invaders were driven off-planet) en route to a kilometer-wide mystery object in orbit around the Earth-Moon system. The Gloss spaceship is cramped, rubbery, and disgusting. It features a seat, instruments, a window, and an airlock. You have no idea what the mystery object is, but you're betting it's going to make you rich.
- Star City (Mark Sachs; 30-Sep-2006; Z-code 8).
- Beta-testing by Mara Meijers and A. Cairns.
- Release 1 / Serial number 060928 / Inform 7 build 3T38 (I6/v6.30 lib 6/10N)
- IFID: 0D317D09-13A8-4B1B-A243-404B75597D92
IFID links: IFDB,
Babel metadata, Babel download.(Note: Babel services at IF Archive are not yet available.)
- IF Comp 2006: 13th place of 43 entries.
- XYZZY Awards 2006: Finalist for Best Setting.
- Download starcity.z8 from the IF Archive - the story file.
- Star City - at IFReviews.org.
- Review (in Spanish) by Baltasar.
- Review by Stephen Bond.
- Review by Richard Bos.
- Review by Matthew Carey.
- Review by crowheart.
- Review by J. D. Clemens.
- Review by Riff Conner (Rifflesby).
- Review by David Fletcher.
- Review by Hipolito.
- Review by N. B. Horvath.
- Review by Joshua Houk.
- Review by Christopher Huang (Miseri).
- Review by Admiral Jota.
- Review by Valentine Kopteltsev.
- Review by Jimmy Maher.
- Review by Michael Martin.
- Review by Rob Menke.
- Review by James Mitchelhill.
- Review by Justin Morgan.
- Review by Rob Myall.
- Review by Andrew Plotkin.
- Review by Reiko.
- Review by Dan Shiovitz.
- Review by Emily Short.
- Review by Mike Snyder.
- Review by Mark J. Tilford (ralphmerridew).
- Review by Urbatain. (Also longer version, in Spanish.)
- Review by Jerome C West.
- Review by David Whyld.