TADS 3 is the next version of TADS, also created by Michael J. Roberts. It pushes the boundaries of IF development and world design in a number of areas, including full sense-passing, areas which are composed of a number of sub-rooms, and NPC interaction with the world. The first beta release was on September 12, 2004. The first general release, TADS 3 version 3.0.12, was released on September 15, 2006.
Official or Collaborative Links
- TADS 3 Home Page
- TADS 3 Discussion List - i.e., a mailing list
- On-line documentation - Complete documentation, including:
- TADS 3 Library Translation Resources - starting point for people who plan to translate the TADS 3 library to other languages.
- TADS3 manuals on the if-archive.
- Technical articles from tads.org, including Eric Eve's Getting Started guide. (Many of these articles are now included in the on-line documentation.)