The Emily Short Anniversary Contest 2020
You’ve played Being Andrew Plotkin. You’ve played Foo Foo. But have you played an Emily Short tribute game?
Next year marks the 20th anniversary of Short’s first big game, Galatea. That conversational game with dozens of endings was entered in the 2000 IF Art Competition from March 24th to April 2nd.
So, to honor the enormous amount of high quality games, criticism, resources and support that Short has given the community over the last two decades, we’re running a tribute competition.
You have from now until March 24th of 2020 to create an IF work that is in some way a tribute to Emily Short’s work.
- 28 October 2019: Competition opens.
- 24th March 2020: Competition closes.
- There are no restrictions on format, except that it must be something you personally consider Interactive Fiction.
- It must be Emily Short-related.
- The work must have at least one credited beta tester.
- There are no prizes, but the top three games will be ranked.
The current plan is for the games to be judged by a small panel between March 24th and April 2nd, but if the response is large enough, it will be opened up to the public for voting over an extended period.
You can direct any questions to email@example.com.
- The 2020 Emily Short Anniversary Contest - Official page.