Difference between revisions of "Zork I"
(→Links: Restructuring, and adding source code link)
(→How It Begins)
|Line 4:||Line 4:|
==How It Begins==
==How It Begins==
You are an adventurer,
You are an adventurer, the [[Great Underground Empire]] . You begin west of the white house. As you explore the land around the house and the caves below it, you discover more than just treasure...
Latest revision as of 11:43, 22 September 2020
|Author(s)||Marc Blank and Dave Lebling|
|Publisher(s)||Personal Software, Infocom, Activision|
How It Begins
You are an adventurer, going into the Great Underground Empire to seek treasure. You begin west of the white house. As you explore the land around the house and the caves below it, you discover more than just treasure...
- Improved multi-word parser.
Trivia and Comments
Personal Software release
- Zork I: The Great Underground Empire (authors: Marc Blank and Dave Lebling; publisher: Infocom; 1980; Z-code).
- Zork I: The Great Underground Empire (authors: Marc Blank and Dave Lebling; publisher: Infocom; 1983 or 84; Z-code 3).
- Hugo Zork: The Great Underground Empire (porter: John Menichelli; 1997; Hugo).
- Zork I is included on both The Lost Treasures of Infocom Volume I and the Classic Text Adventure Masterpieces of Infocom CD-ROMs.
- In 2001, the Zork trilogy was briefly available for free download from the Activision website as part of their promotion for Zork: Grand Inquisitor. Activision retains the copyright to Zork I, and any other sites that offer the game for free download are very likely doing so illegally.
- Zork I (archived) - at Baf's Guide
- Zork I - at IFDB
- Zork I at Wikipedia.
- Zork I at CSD (Internet Archive link).
- Zork I at Zork Wiki.
- Zork I Speedrun - 7min46sec - YouTube video where "divadnotyad" plays Zork I really quickly.
- "Walkthrough" - The walkthrough to Zork I sung by Errol, instrumentals by pifie, available as a downloadable .mp3. The lyrics are listed as well.
Here are links to collections of solutions. Each collection contains either hints or a solution for Zork I:
- Download hints.many from the IF Archive - hints by Anonymous.
- Download jgunness.zip from the IF Archive - solutions by Jacob Gunness.
- Download Sols1.zip from the IF Archive - solutions by Anonymous.
- Download Sols2.zip from the IF Archive - solutions by Anonymous.
- Download Sols3.zip from the IF Archive - solutions by Anonymous.
- GitHub: Zork I Source Code Collection. Uploaded on 18 Apr 2019.
|Zork trilogy by Infocom|
|Zork I (1980)||Zork II (1981)||Zork III (1982)|