|Author(s)||Marc Blank and Dave Lebling|
|Publisher(s)||Personal Software, Infocom, Activision|
How It Begins
You are an adventurer, seeking treasure and the Great Underground Empire. You begin west of the white house. As you explore the land around the house and the caves below it, you discover more than just treasure...
- Improved multi-word parser.
Trivia and Comments
Personal Software release
- Zork I: The Great Underground Empire (authors: Marc Blank and Dave Lebling; publisher: Infocom; 1980; Z-code).
- Zork I: The Great Underground Empire (authors: Marc Blank and Dave Lebling; publisher: Infocom; 1983 or 84; Z-code 3).
- Hugo Zork: The Great Underground Empire (porter: John Menichelli; 1997; Hugo).
- Zork I is included on both The Lost Treasures of Infocom Volume I and the Classic Text Adventure Masterpieces of Infocom CD-ROMs.
- In 2001, the Zork trilogy was briefly available for free download from the Activision website as part of their promotion for Zork: Grand Inquisitor. Activision retains the copyright to Zork I, and any other sites that offer the game for free download are very likely doing so illegally.
- Zork I Speedrun - 7min46sec - YouTube video where "divadnotyad" plays Zork I really quickly.
- "Walkthrough" - The walkthrough to Zork I sung by Errol, instrumentals by pifie, available as a downloadable .mp3. The lyrics are listed as well.
Here are links to collections of solutions. Each collection contains either hints or a solution for Zork I:
- Download hints.many ( ftp, random) from the IF Archive - hints by Anonymous.
- Download jgunness.zip ( ftp, random) from the IF Archive - solutions by Jacob Gunness.
- Download Sols1.zip ( ftp, random) from the IF Archive - solutions by Anonymous.
- Download Sols2.zip ( ftp, random) from the IF Archive - solutions by Anonymous.
- Download Sols3.zip ( ftp, random) from the IF Archive - solutions by Anonymous.
|Zork trilogy by Infocom|
|Zork I (1980)||Zork II (1981)||Zork III (1982)|