Zork Machine Interpreter and Debugger
Zork Machine Interpreter and Debugger (called ZORKMID for short) is a Z-machine interpreter made by User:Zzo38. This program is fully public-domain.
Currently it is implementing Z-code version 3 ("ZIP") only. Later EZORKMID and XZORKMID may be written to add other Z-code versions supported.
Note that ANSI terminal mode isn't currently complete or tested.
- Instruction profile to tell you
- Scripting to a file (due to incompatibility with ANSI terminals, printer is not implemented)
- You can write comments into the transcript file
- Check for errors in the program
- Small-endian story files (included only for completeness; it is unlikely to be of much use and I do not recommend its use)
- Can stop for "MORE" on each screen (unless this function is turned off)
- Function to disable save games
- You can tell it to pretend to be a Tandy computer or not