|1337: A Game Novel|
1337: A Game Novel is an interactive serial novel by Mark Fullmer. It uses Facebook App functionality to integrate a player's personal information into the storyline and employs RSS feeds to dynamically incorporate current events.
How It Begins
An elite group of ubernerd gamers are beta-testing an MMORPG called 1337. As the gamers ascend levels, they begin to realize that the game is much more than just a videogame and they are faced with the challenge of winning their lives back.
- Names of characters and other details are dynamically generated from readers' Facebook profiles.
- Story navigation mimics a choose your own adventure. Each of the novel's 300 pages prompts readers to select an option or supply their own. Choices shape minor descriptions and plot elements.
- Players' statistics are based on Jungian archetypes and traditional RPG character attributes (such as intro/extravert and lawful/chaotic).
- The game extends beyond the program in the manner of an alternate reality game. This includes faux internet sites, scholarship on videogaming, news articles, and other online games.
- Game Trailer
- Game Company website
- Winkipedia page
- 1337 - at IFDB
- 1337 - at ifwizz interactive fiction (in German).