Ariadne in Aeaea
|Ariadne in Aeaea|
|File:Ariadne in Aeaea small cover.jpg|
|Authoring system||Inform 7|
How It Begins
The game opens '3,500 years ago' with a dialog between Circe, High Priestess of the Isle of Aeaea and another priestess. They discuss the ongoing political events in the Mediterranean and discuss initiate Ariadne being overlooked for full priestess ordainment due to her unruly behaviour. The player then starts the game as Ariadne of Knossos as she wakes up in a wooden hut after a night of revelry. She's naked and carrying nothing, and her first goals are to find her clothes and get some breakfast.
The game takes place at the end of the Bronze Age in the eastern Mediterranean, just before the Achaean conquest of Minoan Crete. It is set in the mythical isle of Aeaea, where Circe leads a cult with widespread influence in neighbouring kingdoms. Ariadne must impress her by unraveling a political conspiracy.
According to the ABOUT GAME text, the game is based on a historical interpretation of the myths of Circe, Ariadne, King Minos and the Minotaur.
- Ariadne in Aeaea (Victor Ojuel; 01-Oct-2016; Glulx).
- Other contributors: Ara Carrasco (cover art).
- Testers: Ara Carrasco, Matthew Holland, Liz Mercuri, and Andrew Schultz.
- Release 1 / Serial number 160928 / Inform 7 build 6L38 (I6/v6.33 lib 6/12N)
- IFID: 45496E9E-29AC-4A68-86F4-A0B93B3B01E0
IFID links: IFDB, IFDB cover
- IF Comp 2016: entry.
- Download link wanted.