Paul Allen Panks's last game for the Commodore 64.
|Author(s)||Paul Allen Panks|
How It Begins
The player has the option to restore a saved game. If starting a new game, the player gets to name their character. The game begins with the player standing in a tavern, carrying 75 gold coins and nothing else. No goal or background information is given.
Trivia and Comments
- As it ships, the game has a bug making it unwinnable (and mostly innaccessible.) The bug prevents the player from lighting a lantern or taking it out of the bedroom where it is found. The lantern is needed to enter the dark forest, which is the only path from the town area to the rest of the game. To remove the bug, load the program, then enter the following line at the BASIC prompt, pressing RETURN at the end of it:
130 IFLO(N)<>0ANDLO(N)<>RMTHENPRINT"You can't "V$" that here.":GOTO40
Then type RUN and press RETURN to start the game.
- There are other major bugs in the game:
- Once the player's armor score is high enough, successful enemy attacks give the player hit points.
- After restoring a saved game, you should rewield your weapon or your damage roll may be set to zero.
- The player can pick up and drop monsters.