Death at Sea
|Death at Sea|
|Authoring system||Inform 6|
How It Begins
You might be anyone, carrying your cabin key, your grandpa's pocket watch, a Zippo lighter, and a pack of Lucky Strikes. You are in your luxury suite aboard the HMS Tortuga en route to Liverpool to handle the funeral arrangements for your late uncle. However, your immediate goal is simply to get to the dining cabin for dinner.
- Large number of NPCs for such a small game. Conservation is ask-tell, but very few topics are understood.
Trivia and Comments
- Mr. Thurston Howell II is presumably the father of Thurston Howell III from the television show Gilligan's Island.
- Major Payne Astley's name is a pun on "major pain in the ass."
- Standard compass directions are used; shipboard directions like "fore" or "aft" are not understood.
- Examining the watch won't tell you the time, but the "TIME" command will tell you which o'clock it is.
- Although the mystery is solvable, it's a somewhat unconvincing and unsatisfying ending.
- Death at Sea (Roger Davis; Oct-2006; Z-code 5).