Baf, when you get a minute, please look at Anti-spam_Features since I think using $wgSpamRegex might be a good short term fix for some of our spam problems. -- David Welbourn 18:14, 21 December 2005 (EST) (jotting this down so I don't forget)
- Link updated; page was moved to MediaWiki. -- David Welbourn 05:39, 12 June 2009 (PDT)
Not sure if this is the place to report this, but a user by the above name has created three pages of World of Warcraft spam. I blanked the pages but don't know how to delete them, and probably we want to ban the user? Just a heads-up. -- cendare 21:43, 30 October 2007 (PDT)
- What you did is fine. As far as I know, only administrators are allowed to delete pages and to ban users, so you can't do it (neither can I): it would be far too dangerous to allow everybody to do it. We'll have to wait for an administrator. --Eriorg 03:32, 31 October 2007 (PDT)
- Done. And thanks. You did the right thing. -- David Welbourn 12:33, 31 October 2007 (PDT)
- As spammers continue to spam IFWiki, we add their sites to our blacklist. Unfortunately, this sometimes means that we'll block entire domains that we don't want to block entirely (such as google.com and blogspot.com). If you need to add a valid link but we're currently blocking it, let us know on IFWiki talk:Vandalism without making an actual link, and we can update our whitelist accordingly.
- Okay, I've added it to the whitelist. Thanks. -- David Welbourn 00:36, 22 November 2011 (PST)