Six games were released on July 18, 2012:
- 1st place: Resonance (Nereida Scales; ChoiceScript; Web browser).
- 2nd place: Compliance (Chris Conley; Glulx).
- 3rd place: Belief (Justin de Vesine; Glulx).
Honorable Mentions (in alphabetical order):
- The Bafflingly Casual Adventures of No One of Significant Import (Robb Kinnison; Quest).
- Genesis (I.B.; Glulx).
- Wasteland (Taylor Melton and Alex Tocco; ChoiceScript; Web browser).
- Intent to Enter Deadline: June 15, 2012.
- Introductions Submission Deadline: July 15, 2012. (Extended to July 16, 2012.)
- Voting Deadline: was August 15, 2012, midnight Eastern; extended to August 25, 2012.
- Ceremony: was (probably) August 19, 2012; extended to August 26, 2012.
- IntroComp homepage.
- IntroComp 2012 Preliminary Announcement - Interactive Fiction Community Forum, May 2, 2012.
- IntroComp 2012 Official Announcement - Interactive Fiction Community Forum, May 27, 2012.
- IntroComp 2012 Entries Released, Voting Open - Interactive Fiction Community Forum, July 18, 2012.