|Cruelty scale||Cruelty to be determined|
How It Begins
You are Jarret Duffy, 27-year-old gaming store assistant manager with a relationship on the rocks. You're at the video store with your roommates Gibs, Pang and Criswell, choosing a movie to watch this evening. You have nothing except your glasses.
- The game is heavily themed around mechanics of the D&D roleplaying system.
- Written in the first person singular (narrated by Jarret Duffy).
- Every location in the game has at least one unique graphic depicting the room.
- Necrotic Drift (Robb Sherwin; 2004; Hugo).
- Release 1.02 / Serial number 040623 / Hugo 3.0
- Music by Ben Parrish and Gerrit Hamilton.
- Beta-testing by James Bernoski, Jonathan Blask, Greg D'Avis, Joachim Froholt, Paul Kostock, Jacqueline A. Lott, Drew Mochak, Dayna Rich, Gunther Schmidl, Mike Sousa and Adam Thornton.
- Acting by Lex Gray, Jamie Byrnes, Steve Oelheim, Jill Leckie, Tammy Bancroft, Jonathan Blask, Matthew Davis, Michael Sherwin, Joe Mason, Ben Parrish, Bryan Sailer, Jeff Kyle, Gerrit Hamilton, Adam Parcells, Laura Randall and Dayna Rich.
- XYZZY Awards 2004: Winner of Best Individual NPC. Finalist for Best Game, Best Writing, Best Story, Best NPCs, Best Use of Medium, Best Individual Puzzle, Best Individual PC.
- Necrotic Drift - at SPAG.
- Necrotic Drift - at IF Ratings.
- Review at Home of the Underdogs.
- Review at Moby Games.
- Review by Terrence Bosky.
- IF-Review and review (archived) at Play This Thing! - by Emily Short.
- Review by Dan Shiovitz.
|The New Haz games by Robb Sherwin|
|Fallacy of Dawn|