The Peccary Myth
|The Peccary Myth|
How It Begins
- Title switching. When the work begins, it's titled "Cliikus" by Greggery Peccary. But that turns out to be a game-within-a-game; after a few turns of playing, the real title, "The Peccary Myth", is displayed with its cover art.
- In-game map. You can click locations of the map to visit them; some locations are marked restricted until unlocked by later game events.
- Game as NPC. Late in the game, the game itself becomes an non-player character, using the title and author slots in the sidebar to talk to the player character.
- Passwords as end-of-game rewards. After you finish the game, you are given passwords that you can use on the Login screen to bypass the "Cliikus" prologue and to activate author's commentary.
Trivia and Comments
- Inspired by "The Adventures of Greggary Peccary", by Frank Zappa.
- The Peccary Myth (Gerardo Aerssens as "Pergola Cavendish" and "Greggery Peccary"; 13-May-2014; Web browser).