The Symbolic Engine
|The Symbolic Engine|
|Authoring system||Inform 7|
|License(s)||Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 License|
How It Begins
The game begins with a quote by Buffy Sainte-Marie.
You might be anyone, carrying nothing. You don't remember coming here, but nonetheless, you are in a stark white room, featureless except for a large machine. The front of the machine has with three knobs (white, red, and blue), an unlit green button, and a glass attachment protruding outward. The left side has a closed panel and a dial, and on top of the machine, a pipe leads up to a grate in the ceiling.
- The Symbolic Engine (Evan Schull; May-2007; Z-code).
- Release 1 / Serial number 070518 / Inform 7 build 4U65 (I6/v6.31 lib 6/11N)
- IFID: C0CFB443-8B88-430A-A7DD-152D5C521BFB
IFID links: IFDB
- 2007 IF Art Show: Awarded Best of Show. Entered in the Still Life division.
- Download Engine.zblorb from the IF Archive
- Or download art2007.zip from the IF Art Show site. The zipfile contains entries for all the entries in the 2007 IF Art Show. The story file for this game is Engine.zblorb.
- Judges' Reviews - Reviews of all the 2007 IF Art Show entries by all the official judges.